The sound booth window cut outs.
Sawing the separators for the two halves of the window.
Screwing them in place.
A view of the installed separators.
Installing the sound damping material. (polystyrene)
Whew, that was a chore.
I covered the polystyrene in a felt-like material for one more dampening layer.
How it looked so far, with one Plexiglas window.
For strength and stability, I installed dowels that were screwed in from both sides.
A close-up of the dowels. I packed the felt-like material in around the dowels, before I closed it up.
I hot glued the material down with high temperature glue.
I trimmed off the material, and yes, I wore my welder's gloves--that glue was really hot!
I packed every nook and cranny with material to "soak" up as much sound as possible.
I installed the second window. The reason it is blurry is because I left the protective covering on as long as possible.
After gluing the material down, I set it up in the position it would be in, to see how it looked.
The sound booth in progress in place.
I needed several panels to cover the gaps under the table.
They also needed to have soundproofing.
Finished, four more inserts to go.
Two longer panels.
You can see the door on the left side has been completed, and I am shaping the foam on the roof. You can also see the book cases I am using to serve as walls. They were filled and covered in material.
A view inside the booth. As you can see, the Plexiglas provides a clean view.
The sound booth completed, and ready for testing. I ended up slopping the roof because I read that it deadened the sound better. Once your inside, it is amazing how there is no sound, and even your voice is quickly silenced. It turned out as good a "dead" room as I thought it would be.